Happy Post-Super Bowl day, sports fans! (And happy Just Monday to everyone else!) Here we are for another dose of The Monitor, WIRED’s look at all that’s new and news in the world of pop culture, from hot new trailers to Netflix deals. Today: Toy Story 4 gets a Big Game spot, Captain Marvel drops…
Here’s the NewToy Story 4Trailer
Just like Buzz Lightyear, it’s kinda short, low on details, and almost too cute, but alas here it is: the first trailer forToy Story 4. Nine years (yes,nine) afterToy Story 3hit theaters, Buzz (Tim Allen), Woody (Tom Hanks), and the gang are back for another big toy adventure. No idea what it’s about, really, based on this, but the IMDb page promises a new toy named “Forky” and a road trip, so it’ll probably be precious. Pixar’s latest family friendly film hits theaters June 21.
Captain Marvel Heads to the Big Game
Toy Story 4wasn’t the only property to drop a Super Bowl teaser.The Handmaid’s Tale, Avengers: Endgame,Hobbs and Shaw, and Jordan Peele’sUsall released clips too. But the one that gave up the most footage wasCaptain Marvel, which put out a clip with a whole lot o’ Carol Danvers (Brie Larson) kicking butt. Higher, further, faster, baby.
Gwyneth Paltrow Is Getting a Netflix Check
Hey, remember Goop, the lifestyle brand from Gwyneth Paltrow? Welp, it’s going to Netflix. According toVariety, the company will be making a new docuseries with the streaming service. The show will land this fall and feature 30-minute episodes dedicated to “physical and spiritual wellness” per reports. Here’s hoping at least one of those episodes is dedicated to $15,000 24-karat gold dildos.
More Great WIRED Stories
- Why your phone (and other gadgets) fail when it’s cold
- Trigger Warningand Netflix’s love of host-driven stories
- The threat that the US can’t ignore: itself
- The Arctic village with satellite TV but no running water
- A “multicultural toilet” and other innovations to fix flying
- 👀 Looking for the latest gadgets? Check out our picks, gift guides, and best deals all year round
- 📩 Want more? Sign up for our daily newsletter and never miss our latest and greatest stories